Build a Role Playing Game (RPG) in Unity. Improve your C sharp, code architecture, game & level design. Full game scale.
What you’ll learn
- Create core combat mechanics for melee, ranged and special attacks.
More advanced C# techniques such as interfaces, delegates, and co-routines.
Create pathfinding systems and patrol paths for enemies and NPCs.
- Make a detailed level with terrain, enemies, triggers, lighting, particles and props.
- Balance the player and enemy stats (eg. health, damage, movement, attack speed, and more).
- Advanced game design, project management and code architecture strategies.
- You should be able to write basic C# (loops, conditionals, components, etc)
- Some familiarity with Unity’s APIs is helpful.
- You should know your way round Unity 5’s editor.
This highly acclaimed course was over 200% funded on Kickstarter, and is designed for intermediate users of Unity. We recommend you take at least the first half of our Complete Unity Developer or equivalent as a pre-requisite.
Role Playing Games can be complex to create, with many interacting gameplay systems. We make it easy for you, with this online course that teaches you step-by-step how to make the foundations of any good RPG – from scratch.
In this course we’re focusing on the core of any great RPG, giving your players a fun combat moment in a well crafted level, based upon a solid game design, built using a robust code architecture. You will follow our project, but also make the game entirely your own.
This is a highly realistic and comprehensive introduction to real game development. We’ll be taking you through our process step-by-step, with all decisions justified and all avenues explored.
Fancy something a little different to get started? Check out GameDev’s other courses, just look for the green logo as your guide.
We will be dealing with AI pathfinding, creating a flexible special abilities system, and learning how to coordinate on a complex project. You’ll learn to how to implement click-to-move gameplay, use asset packs, debug, make particle effects and more.
You’ll need a basic grasp of Unity and C# before you get start, from there we’ll be teaching you more advanced programming techniques such as C# delegates, interfaces, co-routines and more.
Building an RPG is an amazing way to level-up you game development skills, so why not join us and get started improving your game development right now?
- This course is for intermediate Unity users who want to create their own RPG.
- Our Complete Unity Developer course provides the perfect pre-requisite.
Created by Ben Tristem, Rick Davidson, Sam Pattuzzi, GameDev.tv by Ben Tristem
Last updated 10/2018
Size: 13.03 GB