Leverage the awesome Play! Framework to develop Java web applications
What you’ll learn
- Create reliable Java web applications
- Develop your own modules so that you can re-use code with the DRY principle
- Deploy your application for free and share it with the world
- Put the fun back into Java application development by using the Play! Framework
- Test every aspect of your applications using the Play! Framework’s powerful testing functionality
- Use Bootstrap to create attractive UIs for your Java applications
- Create powerful APIs for your application
- Consume Twitter’s API to add social networking data to your application
- All you need to start this course is basic Java knowledge and the desire to create powerful web applications using the Play! Framework.
- Created with simplicity in mind, this practical, hands-on course teaches using a sample web application example throughout.
If you have always wanted to learn how to create great Java web applications then this course is for you. This friendly, hands-on course will show you how to overcome the inherent complexity in writing Java web applications by leveraging the Play Framework.
The course starts by showing you how to create a basic agenda application. You’ll then add validations, internationalization and custom error pages before enhancing it using the popular frontend framework Twitter Bootstrap. Additionally you’ll learn how to create modules to re-utilize code for future projects. You’ll finish the course by adding a JSON API to your application so that it can consume Twitter’s API using async requests.
By the end of Play Framework for Web Application Development you will be a more confident developer able to create attractive, fast, and scalable applications using the Play Framework.
About the Author
Martin Gontovnikas is a software engineer living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He’s an IT enthusiast who started programming at the age of 12, when he decided that this was going to be his life. Martin is passionate about technology and he always keeps up to date with everything regarding IT.
Who this course is for:
- This video course is for Java programmers who want to develop applications in a simple and straightforward manner.
Created by Packt Publishing
Last updated 12/2014
Size: 1 GB