- How to implement user registration, log-in, log-out & user generated content
- How to setup a server by using Node JS and Express
- No prerequisite knowledge required; the only thing you need is a computer (that you are allowed to install software on) and an internet connection.
- A strong emphasis on the “why” and not just the “how”
- As few assumptions as possible; it’s a pet peeve of mine when instructors assume I know something I don’t
- As few “just download my existing project to get you up and running” moments as possible. It’s another pet peeve of mine when instructors have you use an existing solution that just “automagically” works and you miss a potential learning experience of setting it up yourself. We do copy-and-paste HTML templates (since the focus of the course is not about HTML) but aside from that I explain things from the ground up.
Here’s what we’ll learn in the course:
- The Web Browser Environment
- The Node.js environment
- The MongoDB environment
- The Express framework for creating servers
- User registration & user-generated content
- Authentication (both stateful with sessions and stateless with JSON Web Tokens)
- … and much more!
I encourage you to watch the freely available first lesson titled “Where Do We Begin?” to get a better feel for the course.
This course may be brand new, but this isn’t my first time teaching. I’ve led training sessions for Fortune 500 companies and I’ve already helped over 65,000 people on Udemy and received the following feedback:
“Brad definitely has some of the best techniques to embed the lesson into your mind… hands down these are the best tutorials I have had the opportunity to view.”
“Presentation is concise without being tedious… you honestly feel that you have a thorough understanding of the subject.”
“…[Brad] explained the process. Not memorize this or that, he explained the process. If you’re looking to take a course to understand the foundations of creating websites, look no further.”
- Anyone who might be interested in starting a career in computer programming (no experience required).
Created by Brad Schiff
Last updated 8/2019
Size: 11.75 GB