A practical example of how to build an application with ASP.NET Core API (.Net 5.0) and Angular 10 from start to finish
What Will I Learn?
- Learn how to build a web application from start to publishing using ASPNET Core (v2.1), Entity Framework Core and Angular (v6)
Students who complete this course will have a practical understanding of Angular and ASPNET Core
Understand how to structure an Angular application using best practices
- Learn how to integrate 3rd party components into the Angular application
- Use Visual Studio code effectively to improve workflow
- Use AutoMapper
- Implement drag and drop photo upload integrating into a cloud platform
- Implement a private messaging system
- Implement filtering, sorting and paging of data
- Display notifications in Angular via AlertifyJS
- Implement Authentication using JWT Authentication tokens
- Handling errors in the API and the SPA
- Persist data using Entity Framework Core
- And more.
- Hello world experience in ASPNET Core and Angular
- A passion for wanting to learn how to build a fully functional Web Application
This course has been fully re-recorded and rewritten for .Net 5.0 and Angular 10.
Have you learnt the basics of ASP.NET Core and Angular? Not sure where to go next? This course should be able to help with that. In this course we start from nothing and incrementally build up our API and Angular front end until we have a fully functional Web Application that we then publish to IIS and a Linux server.
These are 2 of the hottest frameworks right now for the ‘back-end’ (Microsoft’s ASP.NET Core) and the ‘front-end’ (Google’s Angular) and are well worth spending the time to learn.
In this course we build a complete application from start to finish and every line of code is demonstrated and explained.
This course is right up to date as at November 2019 using ASP.NET Core 3.0 and Angular v8 and as these frameworks evolve, this course will evolve with it.
Read some of the great reviews of the course:
Jim says “The absolute best course for building an API in .Net core and working with Angular!”
Daniyal says: “This is a complete project based course from start to finish with real world experience using technologies that are currently in demand in the market. People interested in learning latest technologies should consider this course.”
Here are some of the things you will learn about in this course:
- Setting up the developer environment
- Creating the ASP.NET Core WebAPI and the Angular app using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI
- Adding a Client side login and register function to our Angular application
- Adding 3rd party components to add some pizzazz to the app
- Adding routing to the Angular application and securing routes.
- Using Automapper in ASP.NET Core
- Building a great looking UI using Bootstrap
- Adding Photo Upload functionality as well as a cool looking gallery in Angular
- Angular Template forms and Reactive forms and validation
- Paging, Sorting and Filtering
- Adding a Private Messaging system to the app
- Publishing the application to both IIS and Linux
- Many more things as well
Tools you need for this course
In this course all the lessons are demonstrated using Visual Studio Code, a free (and fantastic) cross platform code editor. You can of course use any code editor you like and any Operating system you like… as long as it’s Windows, Linux or Mac
Is this course for you?
This course is very practical, about 90%+ of the lessons will involve you coding along with me on this project. If you are the type of person who gets the most out of learning by doing, then this course is definitely for you.
On this course we will build an example Dating Application, completely from scratch using the DotNet CLI and the Angular CLI to help us get started. All you will need to get started is a computer with your favourite operating system, and a passion for learning how to build an application using ASP.NET Core and Angular.
- Beginners to ASPNET Core and Angular who want to learn practical usage of these frameworks to build a compelling and functional application
- Students who like to learn by doing rather than learning by theory.
Created by Neil Cummings
Last updated 11/2021
Size: 8.30 GB